Leave a gift in your will
to work costs
a young person’s life
The difference you will make…
“I can’t praise the staff enough – they see the potential in everyone – even those who walk through the door at the lowest. They are incredible! My time at Amber gave me the pause I needed to start to figure things out and learn to cope with what has happened to me. I’ve also had time to think about what I want out of life.”
“I’ve been to a few supported housing places and there’s really nothing else like Amber. Nowhere you get this level of support. I honestly think I’d be dead if it wasn’t for this place.”
“The courses and qualifications available are great but Amber’s been so helpful in other ways too – getting into a good positive routine helped me maintain abstinence. I can now just appreciate being normal. The staff helped me with achieving short term goals so I had the confidence to set bigger goals. This all helped me learn that being patient pays off in the end.”
Leave a gift in your will
By leaving a gift to Amber in your Will you will be helping to give young people a future for years to come.
Young people like Renee who arrived at Amber reeling after escaping an abusive relationship. Our staff supported her to come to terms with what happened to her and to learn to trust people again. Renee moved on to her own accommodation and a job in retail. This is what she said just after she moved on.
“…it was a great help having staff who take the time to sit down and listen to me when I was a bad place…if I hadn’t come to Amber I would probably be dead. I was rock bottom. It’s crazy how far you can come in a short space of time with the space, the time and the support from everyone here.”
We were there for Renee when she needed us most thanks to our supporters. By leaving a gift to Amber in your Will you will help us reach more young people like Renee not just survive the hard times but thrive in spite of them.
Reasons to remember Amber in your Will
- Satisfaction. Planning for your death will not be a cheerful prospect for most of us however those who do leave a gift to charity get a huge amount of satisfaction knowing that they have contributed to the future of a charity they care about.
- You can still remember your loved ones. Your family and friends must come first. But if, after providing for them, you have even a small amount left, a gift to Amber will make a huge difference to the young people we support.
- Reduce inheritance tax. Gifts in Wills to charity are free from inheritance tax and if you leave more than 10% of the entire value of your estate to charity then the total amount of inheritance tax your beneficiaries will pay reduces from 40% to 36%.
- To remember a loved one. If Amber was important to someone you knew, a gift in your Will is a beautiful way to keep their memory alive.
Remember every gift, whatever the size, will make a difference.
How to remember Amber in your Will
- Note down our full details. This is important to avoid confusion after your death. The way to avoid this is to mention us by full name (The Amber Foundation), charity number (1051388) and registered address (Ashley Court, Chawleigh, Devon, EX18 7EX).
- Contact a solicitor or professional Will writer. They will know how to word your Will to ensure your wishes are carried through after your death. You may not even need to change your existing Will as a codicil may be enough.
- Let us know. You do not need to but to help Amber plan for the future it would really help us to know. We’d also like the opportunity to say thank-you!
If you would like to let us know or discuss leaving a gift to Amber in your Will please contact Steve here.