What young people gain
- 24 hour residential support
- Community engagement
- Motivation and self-belief
- Counselling and peer support
- Tenancy skills
- Literacy and numeracy
- Fun and inspiration
- Hygiene and diet
- Health and safety
- Job seeking skills
- Access to vocational training
- Volunteering and work experience
- Help finding accommodation
Job Title: Team Leader
Hours of Work: 9.00am-5.30pm Monday to Friday with 1 sleep in shift per month.
Location: Ashley Court, Chawleigh, Devon EX18 7EX
Closing Date: 1st September 2019
- The role of team leader is an extremely important one, and one which demands patience, leadership and the ability to implement our programme. This will require flexible and lateral thinking on the part of the team leader.
- The team leaders will be responsible for the development and eventual moving on of each resident (Amberteer) in their team. The team will consist of up to ten Amberteers at any one time.
- The team leaders will be expected to plan and implement the delivery of The Amber Programme, using Dreams and Desires as the objective for each Amberteer.
- The team leaders will motivate Amberteers so they can elevate their self-esteem and self-reliance, enabling them to progress into employment, education or training.
For further information and a full job description please download our application form and applicant pack or contact Donna Leach at [email protected] or telephone 01769 582023.
Job Title: Support Worker – contracted and bank staff
We offer a variety of shifts and flexible working patterns on a contracted or casual basis including weekends, day shifts and sleep in shifts. £8.74ph
Day Shift – 9.00am to 5.30pm
Night Shift – 5pm – 9.00am.
Waking hours 5.00pm – 11.00pm and 7.30am – 9.00am with some flexibility.
Sleeping hours 11.00pm – 7.30am. £63.44 Sleep in allowance.
Closing Date: ongoing
Do you have – a non-judgemental approach to working with young people – a proven and positive outlook towards work as an individual or as part of a team – Experience of working with young people – varied life skills and outside interests – Youth Sector or Supported Housing related experience.
If so, and you would like to join our small and friendly team, we would like to hear from you.
For further information and a full job description please download our application form and applicant pack or contact Donna Leach at [email protected] or telephone 01769 582023
All positions at the Amber Foundation are subject to receiving a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and references.
The safe recruitment of staff in Amber is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our care. Amber is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people in its care. As an employer, Amber expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.