Eden was one of 12 locations for the Sleep Out event taking place throughout the UK and they teamed up with the Amber Foundation and local homeless charity St Petroc’s. Money raised will support some of the 80,000 young people who experience homelessness in the UK every year. http://www.sleep-out.org.uk/ Peter Stewart, Executive Director of the Eden Project, said: “As a charity ourselves, Eden is proud to join up with homelessness charities to host Sleep Out. From a personal point of view, grabbing a few hours on a hard floor on a rainy night gives a little insight into the plight of people who have to endure conditions like this, day after day, and that is a humbling experience.” Alison Williams, Fundraising and PR Manager for Amber Foundation, said: “All our clients are homeless when they come to us and yet it’s still a relatively hidden problem. Sleep Out helps raise awareness and change perceptions, as well as raising critical funds. People who are not homeless have had a chance to meet some who are and by spending the night in the open air, have some idea of what they experience in their lives.”
- Young people that come to Amber are significantly less likely to re-offend
- Amber’s London fundraising event…thank you for your support
- Michelmores announces The Amber Foundation as its new Charity of the Year
- Young People’s Charity Founder Awarded OBE
- Business Executives create Christmas song to help young homeless….and it’s really catchy!